WARNING: THIS SITE CONTAINS GRAPHIC BLOODY FLESH WOUNDS AND SURGICAL INCISION PICTURES AND NOT FOR THOSE WITH A WEAK STOMACH!!!



Monday, January 2, 2012

Surgery AGAIN! Fusing my Ankle

So really I should feel blessed first off that I even have the ability to have ANOTHER surgery, second that this is actually only my 3rd one cause I have heard many people who are having 5, 15, even 20 surgeries later and still expecting more.


But, tomorrow is the BIG day for me, they will be fusing the upper and lower joints of my ankle so I will no longer have any side to side or up and down motion in my ankle. There will be rod up my leg and thru my foot essentially that form a 90 degree angle and will be locked into each other which will hold my leg in the position while the bones all grow together. They also will have to remove about a 3" section of my fibula which can also be used for grafting as needed. Oh and the screws and all the hardware that was previously put into my ankle will now be removed. I will keep the rods in my leg forever they do not go back and take those out, cool so like I will officially have a metal rod from mid leg all the way down... I am hoping to get pics of my xrays down the road to show all the details...

So Please Say your Prayers for me tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment